Let me tell you a little bit about Cottage Inn the Woods. Originally set on 30 acres the cottage built as a family getaway from the busy Park View Inn in Town (today Country Inn) has a fifty years history of welcoming friends.
- There were picnic-pond parties where a deck, a flat boat and a sand beach welcomed fishermen and children. A long porch table seating 25 was filled several times, celebrating the 4th of July picnics with fireworks when night closed in.
- Halloween costume parties decorated the cottage with corn stalks pumpkins and ghosts in the trees
- There were Christmas tree searches and winter snow-sledding parties down the hill to the frozen pond with a bon fire and hot chocolate waiting
- Birthday celebrations and college fraternity overnights
- Even garden club lunch meetings have outlived their time.
Now the Cottage Inn the Woods with its 15 acres Welcomes you to continue the pleasure it provides and build your own memories.